New: PDF knitting pattern
Rain or shine, knitters are always knitting. A pom pom hat with seed stitch and bobble cable in spring? Okay:
Knitting skill level:
• Advanced beginner to intermediate with knowledge on how to knit in the round on circular and double pointed needles.
• Pattern contains full written instructions and stitch pattern chart.
Contains directions for two sizes:
a) 54 cm (21 ¼”) - 55 cm (21 5/8”)
b) 56 cm (22") - 57 cm (22 ½”)
• Bulky weight pure wool or wool blend yarn (for best results)
• 6mm/US10/UK4 circular needle
• 9mm/US13/UK00 circular needle
• 8mm/US11/UK0 double pointed needles, set of 4 or 5
• Cable needle
In the pattern there is a template you can use to make a D.I.Y pom pom maker using cardboard, but I've used one of those plastic pom pom makers you can get at a knitting or craft store and I find it goes more quickly. Also, you needn't stick with this size pom. You can go smaller or bigger; just note that if you go bigger, the hat will slouch even more in the back. Your choice.